Stay Cable Supported Bridge Design Expert
We invite you to bring your strong upward management skills into play as you will be representing the business with particular responsibility to develop and maintain good relations with customers and partners and ensuring high level of client satisfaction. To succeed in this role you must have Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.. Are you our new Stay Cable Supported Bridge Design Expert? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport Domestic department
As our new Stay Cable Support Bridge Design Expert you will be part Transport Domestic Business. Office is based at Gurgaon. Transport BU is working on prestigious projects like Mumbai Trans Harbour Link and Major Crossing. You will get the chance to work on iconic projects associated with Ramboll.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Provide leadership based on the Ramboll Values and the Ramboll Leadership Profile.
- Provide technical leadership and build small competent team in specific area of bridges, promote best practices and knowledge sharing across the team.
- Explore business in Cable stay & extradosed bridges by show casing Ramboll strength in delivering similar projects
- Ensure efficient use of resources, balancing quality with total cost of delivery.
- Create a client focus attitude.
- Select, mentor, and develop hard core Technical Team of key specialists, and, provide leadership and guidance.
- Display empathy and basic managerial and leadership skills.
- Take responsibility for attracting, motivating, rewarding, training and harnessing the skill of junior staff in this area of bridges.
- Engage and empower team members and provide coaching and developmental opportunities.
- Ensure delivery of projects on time, scope and quality expectations - secure short term and long term profitable performance plan in similar assignments.
- Effectively and efficiently undertake Project, including commercial, managerial and technical aspects for assignment.
- Take an active role in supporting business development activities including development of Client relationships and giving presentation to prospective client showcasing individual capabilities as specialist and Ramboll’s capacity to do such assignments.
- Ensure technical quality of departmental output and billing ratio.
- Chalk out strategy to recruit highly capable junior experts and ensure their retention by creating highly technical environment.
- Training and development of team members covering areas in use of software for design of stay cable bridges.
- Manage key client relationships.
- Provide bid assistance on specific similar opportunities.
- Through own involvement as well as by encouraging staff members ensure close relations with all stakeholders.
- Represent the business with particular responsibility to develop and maintain good relations with customers and partners. Ensure high level of client satisfaction
- Take responsibility for developing a knowledge sharing culture in the Department.
- Fulfil the role of technical lead, and/or project manager and be the role model for the team.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of technical standards and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Review projects against the company processes and client requirements, resolve client and project issues.
- Development and maintenance of high level of design competency within the team in consultation with country business units.
- Inculcate a culture of internal technical reviews to ensure design quality.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards.
- Quality Assurance – responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the quality assurance system relevant to the Project.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Seasoned professional having 10+ years of ‘hard core experience in design of cable stay & extradosed bridges with expertise into project development, design, project management etc.
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Experience of working in design, programme management, project delivery or engineering roles in a consulting engineering environment will be considered advantageous.
- Detailed design experience in design of minimum one cable stay or two extradosed bridges in particular and should have background in Structure design of bridges only.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards such as Euro codes, ASSHTO, Model Code & BS codes etc.
- Extensive working knowledge of IRC codes and guidelines & Design Manual for Bridges. The candidate having knowledge of IRC code shall be given the preference
- Experience in open foundations, pile and well foundations.
- Experience in working on software related to civil engineering design of Bridges.
- Strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of Ramboll's customers, services and business model.
- Demonstrate confidence, maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Strong leadership skills, particularly, in terms of identifying and developing talent, coaching and setting direction.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong proponent of Ramboll’s vision, values and ethical standards.
- Good collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong upward management skills - ability to report to a senior level and operate within a matrix structure.
- Excellent English language skills.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: analytical and numerical skills, good communication skills and creative mind
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 8th April 2019.
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-04-08