Senior Specialist - Digital Development Centre
Job posting title
Senior Specialist VDC
Your responsibilities as Team Lead Digital Development
In your role as a senior specialist within VDC, you will be responsible of developing our VDC capabilities and a vast portfolio of digitalization initiatives and tools. You will be able to build a small team of specialist who shall contribute to development of tools within VDC and advanced BIM.
As the senior specialist in the team you will be responsible for developing and improving the way we work with our BIM software, tools and technology as an advisor to Digital Development Centre and REC as well as managing the portfolio of VDC automation initiatives and projects and it’s interface towards engineering.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage a small team of specialists
- Manage, coordinate and develop the interface in between developers in the Digital Development Centre and engineering
- Project manage development projects and your team’s portfolio
- Interact and collaborate with our Engineering Centre and it’s stakeholders to identify automation needs and opportunities
You and your competencies
- Expert/superuser of BIM software with vast experience in utilizing and connecting different BIM software, analytic tools and visualization tools.
- Have a basic knowledge of scripting and automation processes on engineering platforms.
- High ability to learn and master new technologies and tools.
- Preferably experience with Autodesk and/or Bentley software and tools like Dynamo or Grasshopper.
Join the Digital Development Centre
Digital Development Centre is our inhouse centre for automation and development of engineering tools and services. Our mission is to digitalize and automate our engineering processes, freeing and enabling our engineers and consultants to focus even more on brining value and sustainable solutions to our clients. We focus on the areas of Computational Design, API Development and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC).
Digital Development Centre is a subordinate of Group Digital & Innovation and collocated with Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) in Gurgaon, India. The team has stakeholders and clients worldwide in a vast range of markets and services.
The Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Team will focus on automation of processes within our BIM software, modelling processes, VR/AR and other visual platforms, and general interaction and processing of our models toward a client perspective. Additionally, the team will also be responsible for improving the way utilize our software and technology and serve as advisor for how we can standardize and harmonize our tools.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Digital Development Centre, Truls Løver-Arnesen at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Please send your application no later than [dd.mm.].
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 13,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Did you remember to….?
- ….Make a descriptive headline: Be specific and think about the target group; put yourself in the reader’s position. The candidate needs to be able to identify whether or not the job ad is relevant to read by looking at the headline.
- ….Catch the reader’s interest in the beginning by communicating key selling points: It is essential that you communicate why the candidate should apply for the job in the beginning of the text to get the right candidate interested enough to read on and eventually apply.
- ….Describe the context: Put the job into the right context by giving a short description of the department the person will join.
- …. Describe all angles of the job: Surveys clearly show that candidates want an informative description of the job, including, responsibilities, tasks, challenges, work relations etc.
- ……Avoid only using bullets: To create a proper image of a job, you need to show what the job is about instead of listing tasks only using bullets.
- …..Limit yourself to 3-5 bullets: the purpose of bullets is to increase reader friendliness. However, more than 5 bullets decrease reader-friendliness.
- …..Avoid clichés: Relate personal competencies to the job – it adds true value to the job ad. 08/04/2019.
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-03-19