Principal Engineer, Marine team
We invite you to bring your Principal Engineer experience into play as you manage the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for our Marine team in Edinburgh. To succeed in this role you must have demonstrable experience using design standards such as BS6349, PIANC Guides and BSEN Standards (Reinforced Concrete and Steel. Are you our new Principal Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Principal Engineer you will be part of our busy and dynamic team in Edinburgh. Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilize your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of projects. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respects each other and works towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Will be responsible for managing the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects
- Working directly with key customers to identify needs for solutions and delivery of such solution
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, whilst also managing and supporting the supervision of junior team members
- Carry out technical reviews and the checking of design information and reports prepared by other engineers in the team
- Assist with the production of proposals for new commissions and undertaking project management and financial control of small to medium sized projects
- Coaching colleagues with less consultant experience
- Planning and developing project deliverables with unique or controversial problems
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Obtained relevant membership, preferably Chartered
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
- Awareness of industry standards and their influence on Ramboll
- Improving quality of the team output including drawings, models, reports, specifications
- Expanding our portfolio in 3D utilities coordination
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity with commitment and engagement, taking responsibility for actions, with an ability to communicate clearly with managers and stakeholders, and to be recognized as able to influence people (staff and clients). Understanding of the company business plan.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-02-01
Arbetsort Edinburgh (inactive)