Senior or Principal Flood/Water Consultant - Southampton or Bath
We invite you to bring your experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modelling software into play as you support in Water Quality and hydrogeology projects, along with Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans. To succeed in this role, you must have experience providing project specific technical support including Flood Studies (such as FRA’s for planning and BREEAM purposes). Are you our new Senior or Principal Flood/Water Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment department
As our new Senior or Principal Flood/Water Consultant you will be part of a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Our Southampton office is located on the fringes of the new forest, offering a tranquil working environment, despite being only a short drive from Southampton city centre. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Providing project specific technical support including Flood Studies (such as FRA’s for planning and BREEAM purposes), Hydraulic Modelling (experience with Micro Drainage, TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS, or FEH/ReFH will be advantageous), Strategy/Concept Drainage Design incorporating SuDS, Environmental Impact Assessment
- Support in Water Quality and hydrogeology projects along with, Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans
- Coordinating with and supporting the established team, taking the lead on specific actions or projects and other deliverables within our existing workload
- Responding to and leading in coordination of project briefs, preparing calculations, specifications, designs, reports, drawings and liaising with clients and other team members to provide progress updates, as well as contributing to the management of projects and budgets, with support from other team members
- Composing project scopes and fee proposals
- Writing and checking technical reports
- Attending meetings and liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Appropriate BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MEng or MSc in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Incorporated or Chartered Member of a professional organisation e.g. CIWEM or ICE.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data. Competent in the production of concept drawings for drainage and flood mitigation works. Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English. Capable of producing clear and concise written reports, including EIA chapters.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-02-02