Multidiscipline Engineer - Buildings
Job Description - Principal Engineer - Buildings
Position : Multidiscipline Engineer - Buildings
Location : Gurgaon
Reports to : Head of Department (HoD) Buildings
Ramboll is a world class, innovation driven engineering design consultancy owned by an independent trust and its employees. With its headquarters and heritage in Denmark, Ramboll is expanding its experience and expertise globally. Central to this, is a highly sophisticated center of engineering excellence and expertise collocated with our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Global Engineering Centre (GEC) will be a center for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
We are looking for the best in class; like-minded people who can join our exciting and fast moving organization and help deliver our vision. Preference will be given to graduates from premier engineering colleges including IITs’ .
Multidiscipline Engineer will lead the project where many disciplines are involved. He/She will manage the collaboration between different discipline. He/she would be responsible for supervising the team in respect of project delivery.
Key Job Areas:
As a team leader of the Building team you will be responsible for:
- Communicating with clients, assuring quality of deliverables and managing timely deliveries.
- Ensure the use of consistent design standards and best practices on projects in line with the technical direction of the discipline
- Work in collaboration with Structural Design Engineer/MEP/Transport and project execution.
- Study of customer inputs, analyze and plan the tasks.
- Ensure on-time delivery of Concrete / Steel Design drafting, as per commitment and scope, in line with full functionality of the system.
- Workload management, staffing and resourcing
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Participate in technical reviews and contributing to tech discussions
- Develop unique concepts/solutions for complex problems
- Assist Team leader in planning the development of technical competence of the team.
- Take on the role key account manager; help the GEC training academy in preparing the training material/imparting the trainings.
- Mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
- B.E/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. M.E/ M. Tech would be desirable.
- Must possess at least 8+ years of experience working on designing Concrete / Steel structures.
- Dynamic persons to lead a team of design/MEP engineers and detailers focused on the design of Concrete / Steel structures.
- Experience in handling a multidiscipline project is must.
- Experience in designing concrete / steel structures, both super structure and sub-structure is essential.
- Experience of working on projects from UK/ Scandinavian countries/ Middle East countries is welcome.
- Most importantly candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the statics of structures, must have in depth experience at designing structural members and connections, and must be able to effectively manage a team of engineers and detailers.
- Good English communication skills are required. And should be able to communicate with his/ her counterparts from other countries.
Sista ansökningsdag 2019-03-10